Thank you for making a difference in the lives of animals in our community! By fundraising for the Walk for Animals, you're helping give animals in need the food, shelter, medical treatment, and love they deserve. Every dollar you raise goes directly toward creating happier, healthier lives for animals in our shelters.
Fundraising comes easily when you do it from the heart. Be creative and make it personal. And remember, you're working hard for a wonderful cause — to help animals that can't help themselves.
1. Start early. The sooner you start asking for donations, the more time you'll have to grow our fundraising efforts.
2. Set your fundraising goal. Give yourself something to aim for. Many people who do this raise more than they thought they would!
3. Make a personal donation. Be the first to show your commitment to animals in need.
4. Update your personal fundraising page. Share your love for animals by telling your story and uploading a picture of you and the animals in your life.
Send emails. Whether using the email tools in your Participant Center or your personal email account, sending emails to your friends, family, and coworkers is a great way to get your message out. Share your story and include the link to your personal fundraising page if you're fundraising online. Don't be afraid to follow up if people don't respond!
5. Reach out on social media. Send messages and share your fundraising progress on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. And don't forget to thank donors on social media, too!
6. Write letters. A personal letter always goes a long way; share your message about why you are walking!
7. Ask your employer (and your donors) about matching gifts. Many companies match their employees' donations. Ask your donors if their company will match their gift.
Day 1: Show your commitment! Start by making your own donation of $25, $50, or more. Set up your personal fundraising page and unlock fundraising tools that will help you get the word out.
Day 2: Ask two family members for $25 each.
Day 3: Ask a business you frequent to donate $25.
Day 4: Ask five coworkers to sponsor you for $20 each.
Day 5: Ask your boss for a company contribution of $100.
Day 6: Ask five people you know from your extracurricular activities, such as sports, book club, or your child's activities, to donate $10 each.
Day 7: Ask five friends to donate $20 each.
Day 8: Turn it around! Ask someone who has asked you to support their cause to support you with $25.
Day 9: Ask your company if they offer matching gifts.
Day 10: Activate your social media networks! Once you get the word out, you'll be surprised at the individuals who will support you — a high school friend, a college roommate, a former coworker. Give everyone you know a chance to say "yes!"
Donation Tracker Form
Are you raising money via cash and check donations? If so, you may find the Donation Tracker Form helpful in keeping track of your donors.
Walk for Animals Poster
Download and print the Walk for Animals Participant Poster. Hang outside of your office, cubicle, or in your front window at home.
Fundraise on the go with Social and Mobile
Boost your fundraising and go social by sending messages via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more. Get started now.
Plus, registered event participants can fundraise on the go by sending emails, monitoring their fundraising progress, and updating their page via the Walk for Animals mobile app. Download the app to your iPhone or Android phone today!
As you collect offline donations, please send checks to Animal Humane Society (845 Meadow Lane N., Golden Valley, MN 55422) with a completed Donation Tracker form. Do not send cash. Please mail all offline donations no later than May 3.
It's important to use the Donation Tracker form so that donors (especially those making cash donations) receive acknowledgement and a donation receipt.
If you have additional questions or need assistance tracking down a missing donation, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 763-432-4841.