We’ve been walking for more than 50 years! In that time, we’ve made huge strides for animals in need — all thanks to dedicated animal lovers like you.
By fundraising for the Walk for Animals, you're ensuring animals in need receive the food, shelter, medical treatment, and love they deserve. You’re also helping community members to care for their beloved pets by providing nonjudgmental education, compassionate resources, and innovative, low-cost pet services. Every dollar you raise goes directly toward creating happier, healthier lives for animals in our shelters — and beyond.
Fundraising comes easily when you do it from the heart. Be creative and make it personal. And remember, you're working hard for a wonderful cause — to help animals and the people who love them.
Stop by any of our three adoption center locations to pick up your 2022 Walk Pack. The Walk Pack includes a Walk for Animals lawn sign, prize and donation tracker, Walk fundraising postcards, and more!
We’re here to support you on every step of your Walk for Animals journey. Check out our Digital Fundraising Toolkit which includes photos, graphics, sample social media posts to share, and more!
1. Start early. The sooner you start asking for donations, the more time you'll have to grow your fundraising total.
2. Set your fundraising goal. Give yourself something to aim for. Many people who do this raise more than they thought they would!
3. Make a personal donation. Be the first to show your commitment to animals in need.
4. Update your personal fundraising page. Share your love for animals by telling your story and uploading a picture of you and the animals in your life.
5. Send emails. Whether using the email tools in your Participant Center or your personal email account, sending emails to your friends, family, and coworkers is a great way to get your message out. Share your story and include the link to your personal fundraising page if you're fundraising online. Don't be afraid to follow up if people don't respond!
6. Reach out on social media. Send messages and share your fundraising progress on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. And don't forget to thank donors on social media, too!
7. Write letters. A personal letter always goes a long way. Share your message about why you are walking!
8. Ask your employer (and your donors) about matching gifts. Many companies match their employees' donations. Ask your donors if their company will match their gift.
Day 1: Show your commitment! Start by making your own donation of $25, $50, or more. Set up your personal fundraising page and unlock fundraising tools that will help you get the word out.
Day 2: Ask two family members for $25 each.
Day 3: Ask a business you frequent to donate $25.
Day 4: Ask five coworkers to sponsor you for $20 each.
Day 5: Ask your boss for a company contribution of $100.
Day 6: Ask five people you know from your extracurricular activities, such as sports, book club, or your child's activities, to donate $10 each.
Day 7: Ask five friends to donate $20 each.
Day 8: Turn it around! Ask someone who has asked you to support their cause to support you with $25.
Day 10: Activate your social media networks! Once you get the word out, you'll be surprised at the individuals who will support you — a high school friend, a college roommate, a former coworker. Give everyone you know a chance to say "yes!"
As you collect offline donations, please send cash and checks to Animal Humane Society (Attn: Donor Services, 845 Meadow Lane N, Golden Valley, MN 55422) with a completed Donation Tracker form. For mailed donations to be counted toward prizes, your offline gifts must be postmarked by May 6.
All mailed cash and checks received by Thursday, April 28, will be entered and appear on each Walker's record by Saturday, April 30. Gifts that arrive in the mail after that date will not be added until after the Walk. Rest assured, all gifts postmarked by May 6 will count toward your fundraising total and the prizes you’ll earn.
It's important to use the Donation Tracker form so that donors (especially those making cash donations) receive acknowledgement and a donation receipt.
If you have additional questions or need assistance tracking down a missing donation, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 763-432-4841.